The January post holiday doldrums are fading away. We can turn our attention to planning and Valentine's Day is just 10 days away! What better way to say "I love you" than with the gift of spending time together? There are so many options out there, so I've pulled together some ideas for you. Whether you just need a couples get away, want to spend some quality time with your family, or are perhaps planning a Destination Wedding or Honeymoon, these destinations are sure to please your loved ones and fill their hearts with joy.
(Information & photos provided via multiple sources.)
The brand-new Ambergris Cay opened in Turks & Caicos on December 1, 2018. Private, romantic dinners on the beach; deserted island excursions with a catered lunch; boat tours for snorkeling, swimming with turtles or bone fishing; kite surfing lessons; and day trips to Provo for shopping aboard the resort’s private plane. This resort comprises just 10 one bedroom beachfront suites, which are all the same. The rooms have king beds but they also include a pull-out sofa or a rollaway bed, accommodating up to four people (kids 12 and under stay free with parents). For a special dining event, couples can join fishermen to catch their own lobsters for grilling back at the resort.
The all-inclusive program includes the following amenities:
• All tax and service charges
• Gourmet à la carte dining and casual cuisine options at resort restaurants
• Unlimited domestic and premium beverages at any of the resort’s bars
• In-room fridge stocked with water, soft drinks and beer
• Complimentary 24-hour room service for en-suite dining
• Daily housekeeping and nightly turn down service
• Complimentary Wi-Fi access in suites and public areas
• Complimentary use of resort’s non-motorized water sports including snorkeling, kayaks, stand up paddle boards (SUPs) and sailboats
• Complimentary use of resort’s runabout power boats and free beginner boating lessons
• Complimentary use of resort amenities including swimming pool, tennis courts and bicycles
• Complimentary use of golf carts
• One 30-minute complimentary spa treatment per adult per day
• Complimentary deserted island catered lunch experience
• Complimentary access to the Club House activities center
• Complimentary access to the Explorer’s Hut arts & crafts room for kids ages 4-12
• Complimentary bone-fishing, watersports and kitesurfing lessons
• Complimentary guided nature walks, kayak and stand up paddle board excursions
• Complimentary roundtrip private air transfers from Provo. Intl. Airport (PLS) on stays of 4 nights or longer.
ROMANTIC SHORT CARIBBEAN CRUISES: Royal Caribbean International’s newly revitalized Navigator of the Seas will emerge later this month from a $115 million modernization to begin cruises from Port Miami. Three- and four-night sailings to the Bahamas start in May. One big draw is that the ship will call at the “Perfect Day at Coco Cay,” which will open in May following a $250 million makeover. New enticements include the Thrill Water park with 13 slides; Oasis Lagoon, the Caribbean’s largest freshwater pool; Up, Up and Away, a helium balloon that floats up 450 feet; and Chill Island for beach R&R. Opening in December is Coco Cay’s South Beach, with sports, water activities and exclusive Coco Beach Club over-water cabanas. Onboard Navigator of the Seas, the new Caribbean “poolscape” deck will have a two-level Lime and Coconut bar with live music and a rooftop deck for a bird’s eye view. The ship also will have diverse nightlife, new dining venues, and such signature Royal Caribbean brand features as a FlowRider surfing simulator and rock-climbing wall. More Thrills? Couples can ride the Blaster, an aqua coaster and the longest waterslide at sea, and Riptide, a head-first mat racer.
Another option in Turks & Caicos is perennial favorite Grace Bay Resort. Accommodations come in a variety of options, including the Hotel Building (which is adults-only), the Villas Suites, the Estate (a family-friendly resort-within-a-resort) and the Private Villa Collection. The family-friendly Luxury Two Bedroom Suite has an oceanfront master bedroom with a king bed, a garden-view second bedroom with two full beds, two and a half baths, an oceanfront terrace, a full kitchen (plus washer and dryer) and more. Guests have access to a personal concierge who can make any arrangements and is accessible by a complimentary mobile phone. Oceanfront views and personal concierge service is offered at each accommodation.
What started out as a fun hobby of planning Disney trips has EXPLODED into a full time career as a Travel Agent. Offering cruises, all-inclusive resorts, guided trips - as well as Disney, Universal, and other theme parks, my passion is to make EVERY trip a Magical Adventure.